Police Departments along Long Beach Island are kicking off their campaign to raise awareness about pedestrian safety during the busy summer season.
Street Smart NJ aims to reduce the number of pedestrian-vehicle crashes in New Jersey by combining public education and law enforcement efforts.
Long Beach Township is hosting the kickoff events outside of its municipal building. Ocean County recently installed new traffic and pedestrian signals at that intersection (Long Beach Boulevard and E. Meade Avenue [68th Street]).
There will be a number of speakers, including Ocean County Freeholder John P. Kelly and a finalist from the Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey’s U Got Brains Competition.
- Ocean County Freeholder John P. Kelly
- Mary D. Ameen, Executive Director, NJTPA
- Megan Keller, Long Beach Township Police Department
- Ed O’Connor, New Jersey Division of Highway Traffic Safety
- Wendy Berk, Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey
- Samantha Rodolico, Burlington City High School
If there is inclement weather the event will move inside the municipal building.